Monday, December 7, 2009

6x1 Le Deuxième

First of all, I apologize for not being more diligent with my blogging these past few weeks. Truth be told, I don't really remember November because I was so busy.

It's not the trouble of logging on or writing something that is the issue with the blog. It's mainly the length that we are required to write. 600 words is a pain in the ass to crank out when you have tons of other shit to do already. I know we are free to write about whatever we may like, but in the time it takes me to sit down and think of 600 words to write, I could be working on our class projects, or my 495 animation that acts like a black whole when it comes to time.

So if I could design 6x1, the second, I would adjust the blog lengths. Even 300 words is a thousand times more manageable than 600. If the blogs are designed to replace a midterm/final exam, let's contemplate that for a second. We have had been assigned 14 blog posts this semester, at 600 words each, that is a total of 8,400 words we are required to write. Type that many double-spaced-12-point-font words into Word and you get 20.5 pages. I have never been required in any of my critical studies classes to write a 20 page paper. Furthermore, if these blogs are substituting a midterm/final, how in the world does a 20 page paper equate to an exam, or even a final paper, for a production class?

I would dread writing my blog posts, even the idea was unpleasant, where would I pull 600 mindless words this week? Something shorter and more manageable would make for a more interesting and genuine blogging experience. Not only for the students, but also our fearless leader, who had the unpleasant job of reading our word-garbage-droning week by week.

That would be my only adjustment to 6x1, le deuxieme.

No comments:

Post a Comment